Navigation Buttons

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Blaze Up The BBQ Bay Area!

It's summer time and I am preparing Keena's Kitchen for launch in October!  I'm so excited, and this time I have a huge advisory group to help me get things prioritized.  In the meantime, I am practicing my BBQ skills--no not grilling--BBQing!  You know what I mean....low and slow.

While I am falling in love with back to back episodes of BBQ Pit Masters, I grow enthusiastic about pork cuts.  It really is interesting because I never really liked it as a child and always preferred chicken or seafood.  Now that I've traveled a bit and sampled so many pork preparations, I truly have a better idea about how I want to prepare it and the fact that I have already perfected my dry rub is absolutely sublime!

I am working on a smoked crown roast with an apricot glaze, since apricots are in season right now.  I'll be testing it this weekend so wish me luck!  I encourage you to pick a good cut of pork and BBQ it--try some pork belly or some uncured bacon and have it as an appetizer...get your inner oink on!

Have fun and remember to be safe, because when BBQing, propane is never the way to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment